No matter what life event, situation, or feeling being experienced, you are likely able to find a quote that was once said by someone famous, that sums up your experience entirely. It’s pretty neat!
The Power of Quotes
Whenever you find that one quote that moves you when you are feeling a certain way, it’s almost comforting to know that someone else somewhere has had that very feeling and was able to put it into words in such a way that it helpful to you in the moment.
When it comes to babies, there is a lot to be said! Quite literally, babies have a lot to say but just cannot get it out. When it comes to baby shower quotes about babies, that’s a whole different ballgame.
Why We Love Quotes About Babies
Babies bring a whole different kind of experience and perspective into this world, so it’s no wonder why these amazing quotes were recorded to be shared for years to come!
Baby Shower Quotes
Whether you’re looking for that perfect quote to say in a speech at the baby shower, or simply looking for one to write in a card, there’s bound to be one here that gets across the exact message you’d like to pass along.
- “A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” -Carl Sandburg
- “A baby is a blank check made payable to the human race.” -Barbara Seifert
- “A baby’s cry is precisely as serious as it sounds.” -Jean Liedloff
- “Having a child is surely the most beautifully irrational act that two people in love can commit.”
- “Mother love is fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” -Marion C. Garretty
- “Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one.” -Gloria Steinem
- “The moment a child is born, a mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” -Rajneesh
- “Don’t ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby’s smile is just gas.” -Jill Woodhull
- “Our job is not to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world; our job is to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” -L.R. Knost
- “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear.” -Jane Weideman
- “A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it.” -Frank A. Clark
- “The pain of childbirth is not remembered. It’s the child that’s remembered.” -Freeman Dyson
- “Aside from new babies, new mothers must be the most beautiful creatures on earth.” -Terri Guillemets
- “It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into.” -Terri Guillemets
- “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you are the grandma.” -Theresa Bloomingdale
- “Feeding a baby is like filling a hole with putty; you get it in and then you sort of shave off all the excess around the hole and get it back in, like you are spackling.” -Anne Lamott
- “It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.” -Barbara Kingsolver
- “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” -Edwin H. Chapin
- “Having a baby is painful in order to show how serious a thing life is.” -Lisa See
- “Babies are always more trouble than you thought, and more wonderful.” -Charles Osgood
- “From there to here, and here to there, baby things are everywhere!” -Dr. Seuss
- “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.” -H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Babies make your heart bigger!” -Brienne Kearney
- “A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” -Sophia Loren
- “It is no small thing that they, who are so fresh from God, love us.” -Charles Dickens
What Types of Quotes to Use
These are just a few of the great baby shower quotes amongst the sea of quotes out there! If anyone has a baby or knows a baby, they likely have a lot to say about them, a lot of stories both pleasant and unpleasant.
It’s best to stick with the more pleasant quotes and stories so as to not make the mom-to-be scared or uncomfortable. Find something encouraging and happy, it’s for a baby shower which should be a fun and unforgettable experience, especially for the mama-to-be!