Having a baby shortly after Halloween? How cool would it be to have a baby shower and Halloween party all tied into one big, fun event? Awesome, it would be awesome.
Have a scary good time with friends and family by throwing a Halloween baby shower!
For a Halloween baby shower, you might be tempted to invite a bunch of ghouls and ghosts, but what a ghastly thing that will be for a baby shower! Stick with inviting friends and family, and be sure to look for something with the perfect mix of cute and scary, you know, to represent both the unborn baby and Halloween!
Look online for the best selection of customizable invites at the right price. BlueFenceDesigns on Etsy has these adorable invites that incorporate a blend of scary, classy, and cute for just $11, and it comes in the form of a digital file, meaning unlimited prints wherever you want to print them!
As far as decorations go, you might be needing a few Halloween baby shower ideas. No matter what, the chosen venue needs to be decorated for Halloween; whether or not you want to incorporate cutesy or ghoulish baby shower decorations is up to you, but I will provide you with some Halloween baby shower ideas to get your gears turning.
- Carved pumpkins: You need to carve pumpkins for Halloween anyway, right? So why not carve a few more to decorate the baby shower? Make some scary pumpkin faces and stick some pacifiers in their mouths!
- Zombie babies: Buy some cheap baby dolls and dress them up for the occasion, too!
- Alternate lighting: Rather than using the normal ceiling lights, light candles, lanterns, black lights, strobe lights, and whatever other kinds of spooky alternate lighting you can think of!
- Your guests: What’s fun about a Halloween baby shower is that everyone comes in costume, so it makes it that much more festive!
What is a baby shower without food? This is no riddle, it just can’t happen! Baby showers need good food, and so do Halloween parties, so with the two combined, you need really, really good food. Again, here’s a few good Halloween baby shower ideas:
- Belly cake: You’ve probably seen those cute baby shower cakes shaped like a pregnant belly, boobs included, so have one made of a belly covered with a black dress, and have a skeleton baby put on the belly!
- Veggie tray with pumpkin: Hollow out a small pumpkin and fill it with your favorite dip. Place this on a tray with fresh, sliced veggies and you have a healthy and tasty Halloween treat!
- Sand “witches”: Have a platter of sandwiches dressed with little witch hats!
- “Part” apple cider: Have a punch bowl filled with delicious apple cider with a splash of…baby? You can find baby doll parts at any craft store!
Halloween is all fun and games, that’s a part of the holiday, and why it’s even more fun to throw a baby shower in the midst of it all! Provide an even mix of sit down games such as baby scramble and active games. Here’s some Halloween baby shower ideas that you don’t want to miss!
- “Mummy’s” belly: In this game, people group into teams of two or three. One person holds a big ball in place on their stomach while the other teammate(s) wrap the belly with toilet paper! The first group to wrap the ball securely in place wins!
- Binky Toss: Have three different sized pumpkins hollowed out and lined up. The biggest one in front and the smallest one in the back. The biggest one is worth less points and the smallest one is worth the most. Each person gets three to five binkies to toss, and whoever scores the most points is the winner!
- Pin the pumpkin head on the baby: Using poster board, draw a baby body without the head (sounds creepy because it is). Instead of baby heads, stick tape on the back of pumpkin faces cut out of construction paper
For a Halloween baby shower, I say skip the sweets for the favors since Halloween is already full of sweets, and it’s likely there’s a bunch at the shower anyway. Instead, try something like homemade lotion or body wash in little mason jars! Don’t forget to paint a little pumpkin with “thank you!” on the lids!
Tell Your Friends
Share this post with your friends!