Baby showers are all about mom and the impending arrival of the little bundle of joy, so when it comes to the cards, they should be all about mom and baby as well.
If you are going to a baby shower and bringing a gift, it should always have a card` to accompany it. If you are going but not bringing an actual gift, a card is a total must.
Baby Shower Cards
When it comes to choosing the perfect baby shower card for the mama-to-be, anything that comes from the heart will be felt by hers. Sometimes it’s just hard to find a card that describes how you feel, or one that says exactly what you want it to say, so in this case, you can always make your own!
It will show that you put a lot more thought and time into the gift, and would be appreciated so much by the recipient. It’s also a lot of fun to make the card and it’s much more personal than a store-bought card.
What to say
Although we cannot tell you exactly what to write in your baby shower card, I can certainly give you some tips and ideas.
Finding just what to write in a baby shower card can be tough, but here are a few tips that will help you find the right words:
- From the heart and mind: Write whatever it is that is on your mind and in your heart. The mama-to-be should be able to feel your sincerity!
- Keep it positive: I cannot stress this enough. The last thing you want to do is make a pregnant woman mad, especially at her own baby shower! So, the old adage comes in: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all don’t go to her baby shower!
- Mom and baby: Even if mom is married and has other children, the card should be focused on mom and the new baby coming as this is what a baby shower is all about! The other children had showers centered around them and dad, uh, job well done! Sorry dad!
So while you are trying to think of what to write in your baby shower card, consider these three tips and they should help you out
Baby Shower Greetings, Poems & Quotes, oh my!
Still not sure about what to write in a baby shower card? That’s okay! Writer’s block is completely normal and happens to the best of us. Here is a list of examples for greetings, short poems, and quotes to write in that card!
- Looking forward to meeting your baby, as I’m sure you are as well!
- Wishing you joyous times and happy memories for you and your new baby.
- Let this gift from God bless your life, from birth and forevermore.
- Here’s a gift for an outstanding woman who will make an astounding mother!
- Wishing all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and the birth of your new bundle of joy!
- Wishing you a safe delivery and a happy baby!
- It’s easy to get caught up in taking care of the new baby, just don’t forget to pamper yourself once in a while!
- Seize the days because they go by so fast! Enjoy your new baby and each moment he/she will bring!
- Wishing nothing but health and happiness for you and your new baby!
- Good luck to you on the rest of your pregnancy and your long, joyous journey as a mother!
From butterflies in your belly
to little cries filling the air.
Absorbed in those baby’s eyes
and that soft, curly hair.
Enjoy the early days
for they go by so fast,
because before you even know it
you’ll be dreaming about the past.
Baby feet and chubby cheeks
Sweet little folds of skin.
Button nose on that face that glows
Oh! That toothless, baby grin!
Lullabies and pattycakes
Giggles, cries, and booboos
Though the work of a mother is never done
It would never be started without you!
“Making the decision to have a child, it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” –Emily Stone
“Babies are such a nice way to start people.” –Don Herold
“Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” –Kate Douglas Wiggin
“A baby is born with a need to be loved, and never outgrows it.” –Frank A. Clark
“A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.” –Mary Mason
So there you have it, many wonderful ideas for what to write in your baby shower card! Remember, there is never an excuse to not at least give a card to the mama-to be, and the homemade ones are the best!