“We scare because we care!” Your guests are sure to have a scary good time at this “Monsters Inc.” Baby Shower Bash!
Celebrate the impending arrival of your little mini-monster with a shower fit for the ‘Top Scarer’ himself!
Before you get too carried away with this Pixar-inspired party, you’ll need to make a guest list and send out those invites!
Of course you can find packs of inexpensive invitations at many of your major party supply stores, and even some low-cost leaders, but if you really want to make an impact with your invite, check for custom Monsters Inc. baby shower invitations.
Don’t assume custom invitations will have a scary price-tag either. These adorable invites from Puzzle Prints, for instance, can be personalized for you and then printed either at home or at a local print shop! Affordable, I think so!
Thanks for Sharing!
Click here to get your download
Once again, thanks!
Want your Monsters Inc. Baby Shower to ooze with cuteness? I thought so!
Start off with a Sully-blue hue and lime green, to match Mike Wazowski, color scheme. Use these colors for everything, from balloons, banners and streamers, to tableware!
Get creative with your decorations! Here are a few ideas to help you get thinking:
- Hanging Doors – Hang paper doors from a clothesline for a fun, DIY decoration. You can also have your guests make the doors, but more on that later.
- Monsters Inc. Soundtrack – So it might not exactly be a ‘decoration’, but background music will do the same thing, set the mood for the party!
- Mike & Sully Plushes – What would a Monsters Inc. baby shower be without the stars of the show? Plush! I mean ‘plus!’, you can give them away as game prizes or save them for baby’s growing stuffed animal collection!
If there’s one thing that a bunch of women like more than babies, it’s food! And we’re pretty scary without it, so you better make sure you plan a great menu for your baby shower!
Planning and making your monster menu can be fun! Here are some Monsters Inc. snacks you won’t want to skip!
- Sully Fur – Blue-raspberry cotton candy lends itself nicely for this fun themed treat! Place it in colored favor bags for an easy shower snack!
- Abominable’s Lemon Snow Cones – Hot day? Cool off with one of Abominable’s refreshing lemon snow cones, straight from the arctic!
- Celia’s Mud Fudge Cupcakes – Give your guests something to dig their claws into with a yummy mud fudge chocolate cupcake! Not a fan of chocolate? Make Marshmallow Goo Cupcakes instead!
- Mike’s Lime Slime Soda – Make your own lime slime soda by mixing 2 liters of your favorite lemon-lime soda and lime Kool Aid!
No baby shower would be complete without some fun baby shower games!
Of course you can always go with the baby shower basics, like word searches and scrambles, but we’ve thought of a few more that might make your Monsters Inc. baby shower one to remember!
- “Pin the ‘Eye’ on Wazowski” – Create a giant Mike Wazowski cutout using lime green poster board, along with white for a cut out of his mouth. Draw teeth using a black marker. Attach his mouth, in the appropriate position of course, to the Mike cutout. Then cut out a giant circle for his eye, complete with iris, and you’re one pushpin away from a blindfolded mayhem!
- “Draw a Door” – In this game, guests are given 10-15 minutes to each design a door out of construction paper, markers, glitter, rhinestones, and whatever else you want to provide. Doors are anonymously judged by Mama-to-be. Her favorite wins!
- “2319!” – Print out 3-4 copies of our Monster Inc. Game PDF and cut out each sock. Then tape them randomly throughout the room, don’t make them super easy to find! Tell guests as they arrive that there are socks hidden around the room. If they find one, they must yell “2319!” to collect their sock. The person with the most socks at the end of the shower, wins!
You can also purchase custom Monsters Inc. baby shower games here!
Handing out baby shower favors is a great way of saying ‘Thank you’ for attending and participating at your shower! And yes, even monsters understand this common courtesy.
Everyone’s favorite party favor is something sweet to take home, so candy, cookies, and cupcakes, are all monster pleasers! For more edible favor ideas, check out:
All pictures are courtesy of our friends at Puzzle Prints!